Saturday, May 31, 2014

7th Edition Test Game

Summoned Deamons oh noes!
Hello! So We played a practice game of 7th Edition yesterday. I used my Grey Knights whilst my opponent used Chaos Space Marines. We set out to squeeze as many warp charges into our lists while still trying out all the new rules we could. We ended up both having 10 warp charges. It was a late night so we only played 2 Turns.

The Psychic phase was really very fun. Its a learning process to pick the order of your powers and such. My opponent learned that when he could have cast a spell to prevent the scatter of his summoned deamons. I learned when you want to spend your deny the witch pool. When it is just a single warp charge spell versus the higher costed spells. Having to deny all the charges is a great touch. I love that you have to cast force in the psychic phase, its much more of a deterrent now. People are less likely to waste speed bump units if they know that the unit has force activated or Iron arm, then say cast Gate of Infinity and go to the other side of the board right in their face. That's when you wish you'd spent more to dispel those buffs.

Four , Thousand Sons squads!
The deployment changes and rules clarifications are so much easier now. Can I disembark from a Rhino into the bunker. Look up the rules for buildings, done. I am really looking forward to getting a full game in now. Maybe next week, its looking like our first 7th Edition campaign will be Dark Angels Vs
Tyranids, with Chaos Space Marines and Grey Knights in the mix. It should be all painted so look forward to new battle report updates. If I get brave we might even try to record some. - Russ



Rhino Wall
Hammer and Anvil
The battlefield


No comments:

Post a Comment