Sunday, July 13, 2014

Orks Vs Tyranid Escalation!


Game Type: Maelstrom of war
Deplyoment: Hammer and Anvil
Escalating Objectives 1 on Turn 1, 2 on turn 2 etc etc,

Points: 2020
basically 1250 + the super heavies, I added Biomorph upgrades to even the points out.We gave out 3 points for a dead Super Heavy and 1 point for Taking a wound or a hull point. Orc Tactical objectives were also in use! I am just going to do a general overview of the match! It was great. It was the first time I got to put my Heirodule on the board, and it was the first game with my
Nyds with new Orks. I got beat by them last time and was out for Vengeance!



The Orks Started by Seizing the Initiative, the Stompa moved up with his can wall and proceeded to unload every weapon in the Ork codex. One by one he read off the weapons the Stompa fired till he got to the Mega Kannon or what ever, that finished off the Zoeanthropes for first blood. The Kans tried to whittle down my flying MC but ork shooting got the better of them. Surviving the inital shoot out the Tyranids leapt into action. The Sycthed Heirodule moved into assault range, both my Hive crone had jinked so they moved across the field as fast as possible. There was little psycic powers that needed to be cast so I jumped to the shooting phase.
 There was little shooting I tried to take out the warlords Trukk but it made all the invul saves it could. The gaunts took out the other ork trukk and charged its occupants! The Scythed Heirdule charged into Combat with the Stompa , Taking a Hull point off with hammer of wrath, Then It shaved another 5 off in the combat. The stompa failed to strike back. We found the wreck of the ork trukk to be the most dangerous peice of terrain on the board as gaunts and orks alike died to its dangerous terrain checks.
 The Ork player seeing how that close combat was going to play out moved away from the stompa.
 The Kommandos out flanked to my objective side and the second trukk moved to engage the spawned gaunts. ( more to come)






No comments:

Post a Comment