Sunday, April 27, 2014

Astra Militarum Vs. Dark Angels Recap Battle Report

Breakdown
Astra Militarum w Grey Knights vs Dark Angels
Game Type: Big Guns Never Tire/ Purge The  Alien
Deployment: Dawn of War
1850 Points 
Night Fight



I got to play a epic game over the weekend and fielded my Astra Militarum for the first time in like 7 months.

Turn 1 My opponent got first turn and quickly killed off my heavy weapon team I had hiding in the back.
 He tried to open up the bunker on my side of the board but failed to glance it. I quickly took back the points when I placed a Manticore shot on top of his Warlord. He failed 2 LoS rolls and then 1 armor save. Feeling good about myself I forgot to move the facing on my Manticores and it would cost me.

Turn 2 His Jet fighter entered from the left side of the board into my side armor easily Glancing the AV 10 down, In the same turn he fired his Whirlwind at the other Manticore due to having no other viable targets and rolled 2 6s in a row destroying its target. With my opponent gaining a hefty lead I was starting to sweat a bit.
Jet Fighter vs. Vendetta
2 vendettas and 1 Valkyrie make the reserve rolls but my Grey Knights sit out turn 2. I place the Vendettas in a way to get an easy Rhino kill point, shoot at the jet fighter and the Valkyrie tries to get a few Dev squad casualties. I manage to only make the Rhino lose 2 hull points, the Jet Fighter down to 1 hull point and "immobilize" it.





Turn 3 the Jet fighter goes into reserves and my opponent loses a lot of
targets to shoot at he Prescience his dev squads and tries again to take out the bunker, lowering its AV to 11. He fires his Whirl winds at my platoon command squad and kill them to the Sgt. Failing morale starts to run to the board edge. Rolling heroic leader ship the sgt runs back towards the trench line. My GK show up and scatter into the ruin. The Vendettas try their luck again moving towards the Whirlwinds for extra kill points. I manage to immobilize and weapon destroy 1, while the Power field generator protects the other. His Rhinos have made it across the board an are parked around my objective. The Gk take out a Rhino and wait for next turn, Valkyrie goes into reserves as well .

Jet fighter returns for second pass
Turn 4 Jet fighter returns to try and make my gk take some losses. The Terminators consolidate their objective. The dev squad turns their attention to the GK and land 15 hits and 9 wounds on the terminator.
The terminators shrug off the shots and the jet fighter fires unto them as well the terminators turn out to be the stars of the game. I go into skimmer mode with both vendettas and unload the special weapons teams. Unleashing their payloads I manage to finish off the dev squads and the Libby hidden with them. The second squad only manages to take out 3 terminators. I also manage to glance my own vendetta. I manage to take out both whirlwinds. I also disembark from the Valkyrie on my board edge and move the command squad into range. I use the primaris psyker to prescience the squad, and order them to first rank fire, second rank fire unleashing a demo charge, 3 melta guns and las guns into the tactical squad. gaining a quick kill on the other rhino.

Turn 5 
A quick turn by the Dark angels as they murder the special weapon team, which was too bad if one survived it would have been a Multi assault to the vendetta. The Jet fighter has nowhere to go and has to bug out. I pick up another Rhino kill point and we roll for extra turns. The game ends and we tally scores.

Dark Angels 10 pts
Astra Militarum 14 pts



No comments:

Post a Comment